From Darkness into Light

From Darkness into Light
From Darkness into Light by Dall'ombra Alla Luce courtesy of WikimediaCommons

Saturday, April 9, 2011

"The Unseen Truths" Accepted

I just heard that my near-future science fiction story, The Unseen Truths, was accepted for publication in Andromeda Spaceways Inflight Magazine! (Yes, the magazine I slush read for, but my story had to go through the selection process anonymously, the same as all other submissions.) The story is due to be published in v52, August 2011. ASIM is a great speculative fiction magazine published in Australia and I'm thrilled to be contributing to an upcoming issue!

I usually share the origins of a story when it's accepted, but the genesis for this story is harder to pinpoint. It was a slow process as it developed while I wrote it, but essentially it stemmed from a fascination I have with masks. The story opens with the main character donning her mask and progressed as I explored why she wore it and how society accepts or rejects her for her differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment